We Are Nothing (And That Is Beautiful): Alok Vaid-Menon at TEDxMiddlebury
Full text by Alok Vaid-Menon can be found here.
"The key to changing the world is finding a way to fail to live up to its expectations." Alok Vaid-Menon
Check out this lovely ladies’ YouTube channel! She has a fun personality and is full of positivity!
- If I say “no” to someone and they get angry, this does not mean I should have said “yes.”
- Saying “no” does not make me selfish.
- Although I want to please the people I care about, I do not have to please them all the time.
- It is okay to want or need something from someone else.
- My wants and needs are just as important as those of anyone else.
- I have the right to assert myself, even if I may inconvenience others.